We just received our top-selling Whamisa Sea Kelp masks back in stock. As delighted as our customers must be, I was literally jumping up and down with joy as I was personally waiting to use these again as well!
When I find the time to decompress after a long week and want to fully enjoy the at-home spa experience, I know to look for a sheet mask that has the purest ingredients. I wanted to take this opportunity to share the extra steps I take to ensure I get the most out of my sheet masks. Having done years of research related to sheet masks (and a fair amount of personal trial and error), here is my recommendation for treating yourself to a relaxing and effective at-home facial for those who want to see instantly smoother, velvety, and dewy skin:
What you will need:
- Two clean cotton washcloths and cotton pads
- Nourishing mist (Soyedodam’s Organic Ginseng Mist is nutrient-packed and smells heavenly)
- Natural/mild cleansing oil (my personal favorite is Whamisa’s Organic Cleansing Oil)
- Foam cleanser (I recommend Dr.Oracle’s Snow Queen Enzyme Powder Wash for its gentle exfoliation)
- Sheet mask (no surprises here 🙂 – Whamisa’s Organic Sea Kelp Mask)
- Hydrating toner (Whamisa’s Organic Flowers Deep Rich Essence Toner)
- Place a sea kelp sheet mask in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spray washcloth #1 with a mist, place in your refrigerator for 30 minutes in a ziplock bag.
- Cleanse your face with the cleansing oil, followed by the foam cleanser, removing makeup and any build-up of oil / dirt
- Tone your skin with a hydrating toner, using a cotton pad.
- Warm up washcloth #2 by soaking it in warm (be careful not to use water that is too hot!) water. Wring excess water from the washcloth and press it to your face gently for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times. This will help to relax the face and loosen up any remainder impurities in pores.
- Apply the organic sea kelp mask. Your warmed skin is prepped to maximize absorption of the rich botanical extract nutrients. The cooling sensation after being in the refrigerator will serve to soothe and calm your skin. Softly pat the excess essence in the pouch and the mask on the neck and hands. Don’t waste a drop!
- Put on some music and chill out for about 20 minutes – I created a special Spotify playlist featuring popular Korean New Age artist, Yiruma, to help you fully immerse. When in Rome 🙂
- Gently peel off the mask (note: be careful not to leave the mask on for more than 20 minutes to avoid any excess drying of the mask – see our past blog post on sheet mask do’s and don’ts).
- Remove cool washcloth #1 from the refrigerator and gently press it over your face for 1 minute to tone and soothe the skin.
- Moisturize with a light moisturizer during the day, or a creamy one at night.
This routine was a favorite during my college years when I would invite friends over and give them free facials (you’ll be hearing plenty of stories about “Sarah’s Salon”).
I highly recommend you give it a try – it’s the perfect way to end a Sunday night after a long week when all you need is some “me time” and R&R. I would love to hear your feedback on our Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Get your glow on!