We always love a good pumpkin or squash recipe for the holidays. We’re sharing an easy Glow Recipe team favorite below!
Recipe for Kabocha Squash Gratin with Spicy Rice Cakes (dukbokki)
1. Thoroughly wash, then dry a Kabocha squash. Microwave it for 8 minutes
2. Saw off the top and hollow out the inside
3. Bring a cup of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add 1 tbsp #spicy pepper paste (kochujang), 0.5 tsp of spicy pepper powder (kochugaru), 3 tsps of minced garlic, 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of honey and stir.
4. Add rice cakes and sliced onions and simmer for 10 mins.
5. Pour spicy rice cakes into cavity of squash, and top generously with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 380 for 20 minutes until squash can be sliced through easily.
A great way to present the squash is to plate it, then slice it at the dinner table and watch the gooey cheese and rice cakes dribble over the squash as unfolds in a flower-like shape. Also if spicy is not your thing, you can fill the inside of the squash with anything from risotto to pasta for equally yummy results. Enjoy!
Categories: Glow Recipe